Our Family

Our Family
Our Family, December 2013

Thursday, June 14, 2012

One more day... Or maybe two

On Tuesday the U.S. Embassy in Addis Ababa put Daniel securely and forever into our family. He'll be in Nebraska Friday afternoon. I heard him laughing during our Skype conversation, yesterday. That's one of the many things I'm looking forward to hearing again in person. Today will be a long day for them, and probably too short a day in my world. They don't leave Addis until about 10:00 tonight and have a 17 hour non-stop flight ahead of them. Then two flights will get them here from D.C. I'll be getting my boys prepped and ready for their mission trips to Brazil (Hayden) and Mexico (Chase). I also need to do some grocery shopping to prepare for Daniel's home coming. Dennis says he'll eat almost anything, so my anxiety about that is lessening. This was one of the verses from my devotion, today: the Lord appeared to him from far away. I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore, I have continued to extend faithful love to you. (Jeremiah 31:3 HCSB) We have definitely felt God's everlasting love during our adoption journey.

1 comment:

Adoption Timeline

  • 5/14/13 - Adoption finalized in Nebraska
  • 6/15/12 - Together in Nebraska
  • 6/5/12 - Birthparent Embassy appointment
  • 5/14/12 - Submitted to Embassy
  • 4/18/12 - Passed Court in Addis Ababa
  • 2/2/12 - Referral finalized with AGCI
  • 2/1/12 - Acceptance of Referral documents shipped to AGCI
  • 1/27/12 - Verbal acceptance of referral
  • 1/25/12 - WE GET OUR REFERRAL CALL FROM AGCI!!!
  • 1/17/12 - D. comes to Hannah's Hope
  • 9/12/11 - Notice of Favorable Determination (FDL)
  • 9/8/11 - Fingerprinting Appt. at the Department of Homeland Security in Omaha
  • 7/12/11 - Homestudy documents received from Lutheran Family Services
  • 4/19/11 - Entered contract with AGCI for an Ethiopian Adoption
  • 2/9/11 - Adoption Application sent to AGCI