Our Family

Our Family
Our Family, December 2013

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Almost ready!  Yesterday I added D's name above the window and brought Lego's - LOTS of Lego's - into his room.  Dennis moved his treadmill out of D's room and into our room.  This will mean he will be working out in the morning when I may or may not still be trying to sleep.  Just another incentive to get up and moving, I guess!  As I previously wrote, D's birth father's appointment at the US Embassy is Tuesday morning.  It will likely be over before we get out of bed, and I might even have an E-mail waiting for me in my inbox.  For 16-months we've been waiting, and he will probably be home in less than two weeks.  God is continuing to be SO faithful to me.  Whenever I start to worry about post-adoption depression or bonding or attachment or whether or not I should travel or if we need to buy D more clothes or if I should be out of the country when my boys are also out of the country... God gives me a gift.  Last night it was a dream about D.  This morning it was a devotion from "Jesus Calling."  There is no fear in love; instead, perfect love drives out fear, because fear involves punishment.  so the one who fears has not reached perfection in love.  1 John 4:17-19   
When excitement is replaced with anxiety, I know my mind is focusing on the wrong thing.  My role is to see what God has prepared for me to do this day, this moment, not to project myself into a future that God has already taken control of.  That's difficult but at the same time, freeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adoption Timeline

  • 5/14/13 - Adoption finalized in Nebraska
  • 6/15/12 - Together in Nebraska
  • 6/5/12 - Birthparent Embassy appointment
  • 5/14/12 - Submitted to Embassy
  • 4/18/12 - Passed Court in Addis Ababa
  • 2/2/12 - Referral finalized with AGCI
  • 2/1/12 - Acceptance of Referral documents shipped to AGCI
  • 1/27/12 - Verbal acceptance of referral
  • 1/25/12 - WE GET OUR REFERRAL CALL FROM AGCI!!!
  • 1/17/12 - D. comes to Hannah's Hope
  • 9/12/11 - Notice of Favorable Determination (FDL)
  • 9/8/11 - Fingerprinting Appt. at the Department of Homeland Security in Omaha
  • 7/12/11 - Homestudy documents received from Lutheran Family Services
  • 4/19/11 - Entered contract with AGCI for an Ethiopian Adoption
  • 2/9/11 - Adoption Application sent to AGCI