Our Family

Our Family
Our Family, December 2013

Monday, June 4, 2012

Anxiety vs. Faithfulness

Yesterday when Dennis and I were on our evening walk, he asked me what my first thought is when I think about having our 6-year old home is two-ish weeks. My first words were, "Sometimes I feel so old." Do I have the energy to give what a 6-year old boy needs? My "Jesus Calling" Devo this morning includes this: "When the path before you is dotted with difficulties, beware of measuring your strength against those challenges. That calculation is certain to riddle you with anxiety. Without Me, you wouldn't make it past the first hurdle!" My anxiety is really arrogance that there's any scenario in which I would be able to parent my children without God beside me and His Spirit within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adoption Timeline

  • 5/14/13 - Adoption finalized in Nebraska
  • 6/15/12 - Together in Nebraska
  • 6/5/12 - Birthparent Embassy appointment
  • 5/14/12 - Submitted to Embassy
  • 4/18/12 - Passed Court in Addis Ababa
  • 2/2/12 - Referral finalized with AGCI
  • 2/1/12 - Acceptance of Referral documents shipped to AGCI
  • 1/27/12 - Verbal acceptance of referral
  • 1/25/12 - WE GET OUR REFERRAL CALL FROM AGCI!!!
  • 1/17/12 - D. comes to Hannah's Hope
  • 9/12/11 - Notice of Favorable Determination (FDL)
  • 9/8/11 - Fingerprinting Appt. at the Department of Homeland Security in Omaha
  • 7/12/11 - Homestudy documents received from Lutheran Family Services
  • 4/19/11 - Entered contract with AGCI for an Ethiopian Adoption
  • 2/9/11 - Adoption Application sent to AGCI